Hello lovely readers!
I haven’t written a book update in a while, so here we go! Currently, I am in the (what feels like) never-ending editing process.
I have printed copy of my book for a paper edit, which has been overly exciting! Firstly, to actually hold my book is an amazing feeling! And secondly, because I love stationery so there are tabs, Post-its, and highlighting everywhere! I much prefer editing on paper, but this is a rare treat because of the length of the book and my desire to save trees. I will likely do one more paper edit before sending my book off to be published, but I’m a ways from that yet.
- Once my CPs are finished, I will do one final read through, then send it off to my editor (more on her in another post). Timeline goal: July or August
- Once the professional edit is complete, then it’s time for a cover design! So fun! Because I need a final page count before I can finalize the cover design, this has to be the last step. Timeline goal: Fall 2018
- During cover design, I’ll also be looking for a few more beta readers, so drop me a line if you’re interested! Timeline goal: Fall 2018
- Another concurrent step is Marketing. It’s an essential aspect of publishing, but it’s not my strong suit. Timeline goal: Ongoing with ramp-up in Fall 2018
- After cover design, it’s release time! Timeline goal: December 2018 (possibly early 2019)
Overall the process is going well, and I am enjoying the process (minus the marketing) very very much! It’s been amazingly refreshing to meet other aspiring writers and I am so grateful to have their support. I also appreciate the love and encouragement from all of my family and friends! Thank you for taking the time to ask me about my book and how it’s going.